Maths has been known to terrorise many the schoolchild so we’ve compiled some tips to help improve your child’s maths skills:
- Count your steps as you take a walk. Count by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s (feel free to change to number as your child’s maths skills develop).👣
- Give your child story problems to try and solve. Have your child explain how to solve the problem.
- Let your child help you cook. Cooking involves a lot of counting and measuring. 🍳
- Help your child learn maths and vocabulary.📖
- Give your child coins to practice counting money.💰
- Have children point out patterns they find.
- Show your child that maths is in our everyday lives.